I am particularly taken with Alice Cantrell's newest book Tea and Cake With the Saints . I had intended to use it as a curriculum supplement but it is special enough to reserve as a Christmas or birthday gift for Cookie.
The text, illustrations and projects are so beautiful and perfectly delightful for "little" girls of all ages. After I removed the shrink wrap and looked through a few pages, I promptly ran off to the bathroom (the one room with the highest possibility of privacy) to pour over every page. What a treat!
I'll be giving the book as part of a package. Tea and Cake will be the central gift with supplies that coordinate to the various projects filling in the rest of the package. Some examples of these goodies might include:
- A bundle of fabric and ribbon for use with gardening apron instructions and various other projects.
- Seed packets for a Mary garden.
- Pretty cardstock for recipe cards, invitations and spiritual bouquet projects.
- Dry ingredients for recipes.
- A variety of teas for a tea party.
- A special tea cup and saucer or tea set.
- A blank journal or scrapbook for collecting recipes, crafts and other hospitality ideas.